About Router security: How to Reset or Change your Router's Login Information 2016
In the present advanced world, it is quite difficult to see someone who is not familiar with the internet. In fact, most of the people in the present days have tried to build a home or the office computer network to access the internet for all the systems they have. For this purpose, you need a specially designed device that is known as the router.
Get the default username and password of your routerIf you have decided to reset or change the information of your router, you need to initially know about the default username and password of your router. In fact, each brand of the router has the unique default username and the password. In most of the cases, the default username of a large number of routers is the admin or the administrator. As the same manner, the password of the router is the admin or simply the password. So, you can try them to access the settings of the router.
In fact, it is highly mandatory to know the existing password and username of the router for changing it in the future. In fact, if you do not know the default username and the password, you can get in the different ways.
- Initially, you can refer the manual of the router to get the information of the username and the password.
- The second method to know the login information is to use the command prompt and provide the word ping. It will provide you the entire details of the router like default IP address, username and password.
How to change the login details of the router?Once you have gained the username and password of your router, you can get the chance to change the settings of the router. As well as, you can also change this username and password. For this purpose, you need to do as following.
- First, you need to open the web browser that is already installed on your system.
- Then, you have to provide the default IP address of your router as http://192.168.1.1/ on the address bar of your web browser. You can also check this url 192.168.l.l.net to find all informations
- Once you have given the right IP address, it can be redirected to the login page of the router.
- Here, you need to provide the username and password of your router. If you have given the items, it can show the window to change the default login details.
- Then, you have to click the change login username or the password from the window.
- Now, you need to enter the new username and the password on the respective boxes. Then, renter the password for confirming the details.
- If you have changed the settings, you need to click the ‘apply’ to save the changed username and password of your router.
Resetting the username and passwordIf the default username and the password you have found are not working, it may be changed in some ways by the network administrator. In some cases, you may also forget the username and the password. At this situation, there is a way to change the login details by resetting your router.
However, it is quite easy to do for changing the login information in the most effective manner.
Actually, a small pinhole button is available in the back or bottom of the router. You need to press and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds for hard resetting the router. Once you have done this action, the router can reset all the default settings and allow you to use the default username and the password easily. Once the router has been reset, you can enter the setup screen and change the password to whatever you desire.
Actually, the 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address for most of the router brands like Linksys, Netgear and more. As it is the private IP address, it can only be used within the network.